Sunday 27 November 2011

Rimmel 'Scandal Eyes' £6.99

Rimmel Scandal Eyes
I am definitely a lashes girl.

When I'm dolling up, the majority of my valuable time will be spent on making sure I have long, black and thick lashes lining my upper lid.

So, when I saw Rimmel's new 'Scandal Eyes' - "a scandalous mascara, ready to take your lashes to the next level"* - how could I resist?

Yeah, a next level of difficulty to put on!

After attempting to coat my ashes with the "30% wider and denser"** brush, I cannot begin to tell you the difficulty I faced when attempting to comb on the jet black gloop.
The mess made

It was in my eye; on my cheek and all over my eye lid. If you could have seen the amount of cotton buds I used to try and get the black mascara from those unwanted places, you would have thought I was the make-up artist for a whole circus!

After finally cleaning up - which meant taking half of it off my actual lashes in the process- it all started again. Put a layer on, clean up, put a layer on, clean up and so on until I gave up and decided to just stick with what I had.

"So big yet so precise", sorry Rimmel you've got it wrong this time.

If you're a working gal who needs a quick coat for your lashes in the morning, then unless you are willing to practice, I don't recommend this product.

On the other hand, if you're going on a big night out and want to look totally "Scandalous" and, unlike me, have the patience and time to create the perfect lash, then go for it - prove me wrong and work those lashes girlfriend!

Lashes before
I thought a bigger brush meant more thickness. I soon found out this is not the case.

Lashes after
Note, this mascara did give me length - I suppose it can't be all bad eh!

Oh and remember, this is only my opinion and my eyes, we're all different, you never know this could be the perfect coating for your lashes. After all, if we were all the same, life would be boring!
Length: tick
Volume: no tick
Precision: no tick
Easy to apply: definite no tick

Rimmel Scandal Eyes
At only £6.99, I thought I was getting my dream mascara at a bargain. In actual fact, this turned out to be a complete rip off.

C'mon Rimmel, we know you can do better.

Overall rating: 1/5

Until next time, happy pampering.

*http://www.rimmellondon.com/uk/products/scandaleyes/
**http://www.superdrug.com/other/rimmel-scandal-eyes-mascara-black/invt/300952/

Note: This has been written for entertainment purposes only. This is all my own opinion, I am basing it on my own individual experiences. 


No comments:

Post a Comment