Wednesday 15 February 2012

Valentine Nail Makeover

I love all things pink, glittery and with hearts on.

So when February 14 is approaching, it is the perfect excuse to devote a full hour of my heart to my tips.
And ladies, this year, I've gone all out!
Give me pink, give me hearts and give me glitter - my nails look like as cute as candy.
As a student, I usually head towards the more 'bank friendly' brands but this time I've splashed out a little: O.P.I. Most nail bars use them and girls, I can see why!
Granted, I used my good ol' trusted friend Barry M as my pale pink undercoat - you all should know by now I can rely on them.
Then out came the hearts. I have never decorated my nails with anything other than glitter before, so I was very excited. Obviously as a nail sequin virgin and a self confessed perfectionist, I was determined to get my nails looking spot on this V Day.
Originally, I did try the brush to put the sequins on but failed miserably - the solution was far too thick and at a push I would get one heart stuck on my nail.
Tip: use a cotton bud to stick each heart on individually. It worked a treat.
As my nails have been ruined by those god awful acrylics, they are currently in the process of growing, so I could fit approximately 5 hearts on my thumb and 2-4 on the rest of my nails, depending on the size. Note that I didn't intend to cover my whole nail in hearts, although, come to think of it, this idea has definite potential and may be a follow up blog.
So, my hearts were set precisely in place and looked, although I say it myself, b-e-a-u-tiful.
But my tips wouldn't be complete without a layer of glitter - pink glitter, ofcourse, to keep up the romance.
Also, the layer on top secured the hearts in place - so if, you're not a big fan of glitter then a clear topcoat would do the job just as well.
And viola!
My nails were ready for love.
I love them, I love them, I love them! And, I couldn't stop showing them off to anyone and everyone I saw - even the boys appreciated just how fabulous they looked!
Ok Ok, so a few of the hearts fell off after a day but they weren't hard to replace. Anyway, I always think that things like this should be for special occasions anyway! Yes, make an effort with your nails all the time but adding that extra special something - for that extra special someone - should only happen occasionally...because then people notice and compliment you! And I'm never one to shy away from a compliment!
So ladies, whether you rate or hate Valentine's Day, I would definitely recommend spending a pamper sesh on your nails this February. If you're single, lur those men in with your eye catching nails. And if you're Facebook relationship status is 'in a relationship', then girlfriend, decorate those tips and show your fella exactly what he's working with!
 Each O.P.I nail polish is selling at £9. I'm not usually a big spender when it comes to nail paints but girlies, this is a must have. Splash the cash and treat yourself, trust me, it is so worth it!
(Hearts) Nicole by O.P.I 'Step to the beat of my heart'
(Glitter) Nicole by O.P.I 'Pink, I love him'

 

Until next time, happy pampering.

Tweeps, follow me: https://twitter.com/#!/yasminduffin
 
Note: This has been written for entertainment purposes only. This is all my own opinion, I am basing it on my own individual experiences. 


No comments:

Post a Comment